5 Tips When Selling and Buying Your Home
5 Tips When Selling and Buying Your Home
In the year 2017 I was fortunate enough to be a part of selling a few of my own personal properties and even the property that my family called home. I was able to be a part of ones that were quick sales and ones that took months to get offers. This is something that truly helped me in my real estate career. Being able to personally be a part of different type of transactions allowed me to personally feel what my clients have gone through. The anxiety, impatience, hopes, and going from highs to lows were all a part of my transactions that I personally owned. So, I want to pass along what I learned from my own personal transactions to help you in your next real estate transaction.
1) Patience. Patience. Patience...as a seller. In 2017 there were highs and lows of when the market was HOT and when it slowed down a little. I was able to sell a ranch home that we completely remodeled and sold in June. At that time there was a high demand for homes in the price range and finding a home with these finishes in this price range were nonexistent. That led to multiple offers and a quick sale. On the other hand we remodeled another home with similar finishes and a two story but listed in October and did not receive the same attention as the first home. Understanding the time of year, type of home, and what buyers are looking for will help you as a seller understand just how patient you may have to be. Curious what your home is currently worth? Click HERE!
2) Patience. Patience. Patience...as a buyer. Everyone is in different stages of their buying experience. Maybe you are in a bind and have to find something fast. Or you still have to get your home sold before you can buy. Maybe you are just looking to see if anything sparks your interest...I was able to be in all of these positions and in any situation patience is crucial for finding your next home. It's most peoples largest investment and not something that should be taken lightly. Patience will help you make the best decision and a seasoned Realtor will be there every step of the way to help you make informed decisions when the time is right.
3) Realtors are there to help YOU! Listen to them! Having a good relationship with your Realtor is important whether you are buying or selling. They will always have your best interest in mind and will be able to help you out with every step. They will stay in constant contact with you and keep you informed on what is happening in the market. If none of these things are happening...time to find a new Realtor!
4) Have a plan when selling. When selling you need to plan where you will be moving if you do get a quick offer. Making sure the home is show ready is important so you don't have to scramble when a showing does get set up. Make sure your Realtor is doing videos of the listing. Video is king these days and helps buyers find your listing better and helps drive more interest in the listing. As a seller you have to think about where will you go when there are showings. What about the pets? These are all things that will come up. Multiple times I would confirm the showing, grab our dog and go for a drive. Whatever you do, just have a plan.
5) Have a plan when buying. Do not just shotgun it! Some buyers have a very bird shot approach. They do not know where they want to buy, how much they can afford, style of home, etc. Make sure you and your family (including your Realtor) nail down what it is that you are truly looking for. Make a list of what is important. Is it size? Number of bedrooms? Location? Privacy? Truly think about these things before you start your search. If you don't, everyone will get burnt out. Your Realtor will get exhausted showing you home after home that don't meet your initial criteria and you will only get upset with each other during the process. Click HERE to start your search for your next home!
I hope these tips help you in your process of buying or selling your next home. Remember I am here to help you and look forward to working with you in the future!
I am dedicated to serving you in ALL your real estate needs. I enjoy working in all areas of buying or selling real estate. Let me help YOU in your next real estate transaction!
EXIT Realty North Star